Friday, January 27, 2012

For Our Soldiers

 

  I work in a place where I see soldiers everyday. A lot of people can't say that, but to me, it's really no big deal because I was a soldier myself for 8 years. I lived with them, ate with them, worked with them, and partied with them. When you sign up for the military you don't really think about being deployed or losing limbs. Well, I should say when everything is peaceful you don't think about those things. Young soldiers today might have actually thought about the risks and maybe have even seen evidence of deployment.

  This morning when I walked in, I passed a soldier with a serious limp and a metal hand. "Scarred for life" is an understatement for him and his family. He probably didn't have any idea that would happen to him when he signed up. Soldiers like that are either proud of their injuries, resentful or depressed.

  I just want to say thank you to our soldiers. Thank you for choosing this career. Thank you for serving our country. Thank you for doing what needs to be done especially when you don't want to do it. Thank you for dealing with the harsh living conditions at times. Thanks for your hard work and training. Thanks for keeping yourself "fit to fight." Thank you for not quitting when you feel like you just can't take it anymore. Always know that you are not alone. Thank you.

~daperfectmix

No comments: